Children who go home for lunch must be signed out and parent must bring them back into the school and sign them back in. Fast food is NOT PERMITTED in the building. If a child has fast food, we will ask that child to eat in the office and return to his lunch table upon completion.
Lunches may be purchased in school or children may bring a bagged lunch. No glass items please.
Only students that received a free or reduced lunch last year will continue in the program until the end of the application period. To continue in the program for the next school year, a new application must be filled out online in parent portal.
- Students may purchase lunch on any day they choose. They do not need to pre-order.
- Depending on how many students are buying lunch that particular day (pizza days are very busy), the lunch line can be a bit longer. To speed up the process, cash is not accepted on the lunch line.
Create an account at myschoolbucks to make deposits and monitor your child’s meal account.
- Lunch menus are available on line only at http://edison.nutrislice.com, they are not sent home. You may check for allergens on this website if you filter out the allergens you are looking for (nuts, eggs, etc).
- If you choose to send cash (NOT RECOMMENDED), it is collected on FRIDAYS ONLY. Please place it in an envelope and do the following:
- WRITE first and last name of child on envelope
- WRITE name of your child’s teacher & room # on envelope.
Or, you may prepay using a check, credit card or debit card at myschoolbucks
- If your child forgets his/her lunch, he/she may call home, or simply purchase a lunch. The office does not lend lunch money.
- Children who owe lunch money may not choose from the hot or special entrees. They are entitled to a limited offering (typically a cheese sandwich).
- Please remind your child to NEVER share their lunch or snacks with another student since students may have strong allergic reactions to certain foods.
Snacks (chips, cookies and ice cream) are often available for purchase. It is highly recommended that you use myschoolbucks. Parents often do not realize that their children are purchasing 2,3 or even 4 snacks per day. This can be tracked on myschoolbucks.
Children who bring lunch from home may purchase snacks on the lunch line.